Out of towners!


Over the weekend my extended family from sunny Brisvegas came down to wintry cold Melbourne. It's the start of Spring however Winter hasn't quite left us yet. They were down for a wedding. On Friday night they landed at 10:40pm however didn't arrive to my house til after 01:00am. The distance between the airport to my house is apprx an hour away (and that's being generous). The reason why it took so long was that the GPS that was used didn't have updated maps on it so it took them the long way! LOL! There are currently heaps of road works in Melbourne and there has been plenty of new roads that is now up and running. On Saturday they all came to watch Diva play basketball and oh my were they LOUD! Diva had a mini cheer squad that morning but unfortunately her team didn't win. They lost by just 1 point! The team was shattered! After the game we went to do our rounds and visit family friends. That took up the majority of the day as there were so many people to see in so little time. I guess that's the bad thing, when you go to visit one person/family then you have to go visit them ALL! By the time we were done mum went to get her hair cut and styled in Springvale. She couldn't believe how cheap it was compared to Qld prices. It cost her $25 for a trim and style. We headed back so everyone could get glammed up for the wedding. I looked after my niece at home as she was too tired to go to the wedding. She fell asleep at 7 that night! Poor dear :) On Sunday we visited more family/friends then went shopping! We only had enough time to go to one place so we ended up at DFO. Why pay retail right?! I was told that there is DFO in Brisvegas too however it isn't really that discounted so it's not very popular over there. Mary went nuts and brought four pairs of shoes, a bag, a pair of jeans and shorts! After shopping we headed to Church. I haven't been in so long but it was good to catch up with a few people that i haven't seen for awhile. After church we had dinner then it was time to go to the airport. Goodbyes are always hard! Diva was strong and held back her tears. She misses them already and is talking about visiting soon.

2 comments:

kimmysphere September 27, 2010 at 12:06 AM  

LOL I wondered where this post was coz I expected it after the wishlist post. So I thought you had posted this and then deleted it again. Didnt realise that it was posted BEFORE the wishlist because you hadnt changed the date. haha

Anyways, good to hear that you had fun with them. You and DFO, you love that place. And sounds like Mary shares your passion haha

♥a Muy gear♥ September 27, 2010 at 9:25 PM  

LOL! This post was sitting in my draft for awhile (as you can tell by the date)! hahah

DFO is awesome! We're lucky that the Moorabbin DFO is the best one and it's the closest one to us!

Post a Comment


About Me

My Photo
♥a Muy gear♥
Melbourne, Australia
View my complete profile

Labels

Followers

Powered by Blogger.